Thursday 27 March 2008

catchup

So I have decided to keep this blog going as a form of recording what I do academically. Lets try it for a bit and see how it goes.

Plan is, that when I read new stuff, I will still carry on making rough notes manually but then I will spend a little time after reading, to try and summarise/review what Ive read about. I want to do the same things for particularly useful lectures and seminars etc as well.

Quick update on the AHRC situation - I got my form in, on the last day, so just in time! It is being processed now and apart from one form which is still being filled out at my old university, Edinburgh, I don't have to worry about it anymore. I won't hear the AHRC decision till late August - it will prob be the last funding application I get feedback from.

But one more tiny bit of funding to apply for - I'm going to see if I can get a travel award from AISB for covering the costs for my attending the conference in Greece or for ICMC. Need to join AISB (but it looks quite useful anyway) and find out a little more, but I've got in touch with someone called Therie from Chichester building who is helpful here.

No comments:

Post a Comment