Thursday 13 March 2008

nope, it wasn't the final post!

Just wanted to write quickly that:

With the AHRC funding that I am applying for, there is a pre-submission round of selections within the Informatics Dept at Sussex. In fact, there is a cap on the number of applications that Sussex students can submit such that only one student (masters or doctoral) can actually have their application put forward to AHRC for consideration. This is before it even gets considered for funding!

I heard last night that my application for AHRC funding is going to be the application selected by Informatics :D on the proviso that I can get the form back to Informatics in time for it to be processed and sent to Sussex House by 5pm tomorrow. This deadline is something that I think the department itself has just found out about!

At least (with the encouragement of my supervisor to get the form in early) my form is currently in the process of being sent around referees. The strange part of an AHRC application is that I fill in my part of the form, then send a paper and electronic copy to my first referee. Then the first referee adds their reference to the two copies of the form and forwards that onto the second referee. The second referee adds their reference, and then the whole combination is sent onto the department where you are planning to study.

So my overriding concern now is to get that form back from my second referee in Edinburgh - I'm trying to contact him and I'm hoping that he can get it sent on a next-day post... keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna!

    Thank you for all the comments! Really really appreciate them! I love your writing style you know. Its very relaxing and I enjoy reading them.

    Anyway, good luck to you on your application, and my prayers are with you.

    All the best!

    Maria.

    ReplyDelete